Emily's trip from Baltimore, MD to Monterey, CA on a 98 Yamaha YZF600R

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Day 6 - Chicago!

Day 6
Ahhh I made it to Chicago last night. Not before losing the other fairing though :D
When I left Bloomington, I had just passed a trailer, and ready to hit the gas to make use of the 1.5 hours of daylight left on the hwy 231 - which would go due north to meet up with I-65. And an on coming police SUV decided to give me a warning flash of its lights -- ahhhh paranoia sets in. So when I see signs for I-70 (freeways have better lights and faster speed limits), I decide to take it east to Indianapolis. Indiana smells like cows and cat food. Around the city, I thought I saw lightning to my left... north... where I'm supposed to be going. This and not knowing exactly where the highway meets up with this one makes me a little nervous. I hit a really rough spot in the road... and I think that's where my other fairing kind of came off. But the top screws were still on... so the fairing was dangling right in the shifter sort of area. I pulled over to a really good spot on the freeway - wide area, well lit - then I unpacked all of my stuff to get at my toolkit, for a simple screwdriver - at least i had it :D (remembers ed's warning back in baltimore). Now each state definitely has something left behind so far - what will I leave in illinois?

Somewhere on this road, is where the pigs gave me a light show.

The ride last night was long, hard on my buns, and boring. I was pretty relieved to get to chicago. I slept in this morning, took a long anticipated bath, and have been playing on the computer all morning. I called sony which has taken over the servicing of minolta cameras... which might be why batteries are back ordered for two months and cost 80 dollars... and then decided to check out ebay - 8 bucks got one hopefully it will get here before I leave.

I want to ride around the city - or at least lake shore dr. It'll be nice to ride without any crap on my back. The last two videos have finished uploading to google, and they should be live shortly. Badass badass. Now I'm listening to drum n bass on bassdrive.com internet radio - fun times! The goal I think though in Chicago, is to not spend all of my money :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home