Emily's trip from Baltimore, MD to Monterey, CA on a 98 Yamaha YZF600R

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Day 8 - Chicago - leaving tomorrow

I made a few things while here in Chicago - yay OCD!
The first is a fun flash map of my route so far (detailed and animated yay!): https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/ecohan1/public_html/crosscountry.swf?uniq=-67bbls
or if that doesn't work:
https://jshare.johnshopkins.edu/ecohan1/public_html/crosscountry.html
Then there is the timelapsing so far of my trip - but google video is being lazy.

Yesterday I gave Sarah a ride on the bike, and we went down the bad parts of town. University of Chicago students are exactly like Hopkins students - in their own bubble - only going to trendy downtown parts of the city - never straying far from home. It was neat to take Sarah around here because none of her friends would go exploring around southside with her. We got to see some really neat architecture. Passed by a smashed car lot, and some interesting mills. The road we took goes underneath the Chicago Skyway, which is an impressive bridge leading into the city. Then once we reallized we hit Indiana, we bought some fireworks - ooh bottle rockets :D

The Comcast guy from Southside says he won't tell anyone about the fireworks.

Today the comcast guy came and installed internet - he has nine kids ranging from 27 years old to 7 months. He didn't tell us how many mommies. He asked me if I date black guys... I really like how if I answer that question yes, then that means I want to go out with him... and answering no means that I'm racist. Ah silly boys - well really - silly 50 year old men.

Then we watched Argentina go into an overtime scenario - thanks sports announcer - beating Mexico, putting them against Germany in the next round - because Germany beat Sweden - thanks again sports announcer. (They got a little redundant after while - like sports robots). 1/8th of me was voting for my 1/8th mother country - Mexico. The other 7/8ths were putting together the animated map in Flash - ah that's about as much enthusiam as I can muster for the world cup. If only the world cared so much about the moto gp.

Tomorrow I'm leaving - can't believe it! Hopefully I'll do my laundry tonight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home