Emily's trip from Baltimore, MD to Monterey, CA on a 98 Yamaha YZF600R

Thursday, July 06, 2006

day 20 - Wagoner, OK - still broke down

Ahhh - I ordered parts for the bike yesterday. It looks like the push rod broke cleanly in the clutch assembly (my chain was loose again) - they should arrive in a week. In the meantime, I've purchased some really big fireworks to take back to "Safe n Sane Firework Land" - Marina, CA. I didn't fire off any of the mortars I got... but I saw similar ones in the neighborhood and at Danny's dad's house - they're huge! I've been trying to do a few things everyday - besides lay around the house - but it's not really working. The hammock that Danny has is so nice - last night we saw a bright and fast satellite, I thought it might be the Space Shuttle... but it wasn't - we checked on the internet.

I'm drivin' a truck - it's a good way to fit in.

I looked ahead at the roads in New Mexico, Colorado and Arizona - very exciting!! I will have to come back in the Fall or Winter. But not this Fall... I already have too many places to visit this Fall - and I just missed the $8 fare sale from Spirit Airlines - I was gonna try to fly from San Francisco to Detroit for $8 and then from there to Washington for $8 - then back. Detroit is not completely random since I was gonna visit Ellen when or after she moves to Oberlin.

This trip was the best thing I could have chosen to do after graduating. Especially since it is one of my goals to build my own RV and live in it after moving out of my mom's. I just saw a pretty good U-Haul truck for sale for $5500 yesterday in a parking lot. I practically jumped up and down - used campers (with no truck) usually cost 20,000, but building my RV will cost less than that - and even if it does, that would already include the truck part not just the camper part. And after camping on the first part of the trip, I feel like I'm ready to live in an RV, that I could comfortably live in one.

Anyhows to beat the heat Danny and I have been hiding out in his bedroom with the air conditioning on - and one day we went for a double feature at the movies - that wasn't really supposed to be a double feature. I hope we do that again before I leave. I've been eating lots of ice cream :D and playing chip's challenge - ahh such good times. I'm anxious to get back on the road but until then I'm content with dreaming about my future RV on the hammock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home