Emily's trip from Baltimore, MD to Monterey, CA on a 98 Yamaha YZF600R

Saturday, July 08, 2006

day 22 - Wagoner, OK

I finally got a good version of the timelapsed journey to where I'm at now. You can view it here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5644945708845429700 Luckily, a new battery will be sent soon for my new camera, which means a more complete and easier to watch timelapsing of the rest of my journey - hard to think that I'm only halfway there... or already halfway there. It turns out that Danny probably won't be joining me for the rest of my journey, not even to visit his friend in Phoenix... so I will probably alter my route a bit to up north where I've got family. Actually, if I can't fix my bike (like if I misdiagnosed the problem and need different parts than the ones I've got - like Dafan thinks I probably did...) then Danny will actually lend me his bike to go home on - until we can get my bike fixed properly... but the logistics of that haven't quite been figured out, especially since I think I know what is the problem. Oh well find out soon enough - that's for sure.

And check out that farmer's tan.

In the meantime I got to go on a ride on Danny's bike... I mean where I was riding. I went back to the awesome road that leads in to Wagoner and Talequah from Arkansas. I was using the bitch pegs to get up and over on the bike - fun times... I think the other cruisers were a little confused when I passed the other direction standing up on the bike. I miss riding everyday. Yesterday, I snuck into the pool - well not really sneaking since there wasn't anybody to take my money (whopping $2) no lap lanes... so I had to wing it - I think some of the kids were confused, I don't really think that many people exercise around here. But we get to watch the final World Cup game tomorrow - good that Germany beat Portugal today - haha something for their crowd to celebrate - wouldn't want a bunch of sore Germans hanging around Berlin during the crazy intense final game... although my german friends seem to have taken the loss in stride. Na ja. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home